Digitization of bound documents
Typology of documents managed
We digitize your bound documents from A6 to A2 format: printed or handwritten books, old or recent press, registers of any kind, internal bulletins, catalogues, albums.
Typology of scanners and accessories used
Depending on your documents’ descriptions (document size, opening degree of the documents, …), our teams will use the appropriate scanners. Arkhênum digitizes all bound documents, regardless of their condition, whether they are open fully or somewhat restricted.
We will add the necessary accessories such as a Roberval-type scale, a heritage glass plate…
Your documents will benefit from specific processings to integrate useful metadata for research.
- Optical character recognition applied to printed documents
- Insertion of metadata in the images (IPTC, Dublin Core …)
- Creation of tables of content
- Segmentation of articles
- Manual indexing of handwritten fields
We can deliver all types of format: TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF, TXT, E-pub…
Elements you need to consider
- Are your documents classified
- Dimensions and state of preservation
- RGB or grayscale digitization
- Degree of opening of your documents (180° or 120°)
- Digitization resolution (300, 400, 600, …)
- Handwritten notes present inside the binding
- Expected delivery file formats and delivery support
- Service to be performed at the service provider or on your premises